Thursday, March 13, 2014

Blog Carnival

Who knew a carnival could be online? Where are the rides? Do I have to put on one of those silly looking virtual goggle things? No? Oh. Well... I guess this will do, too :)

I've had a lot of fun and a few giggles reading everyone's blogs. Everyone did an awesome job and I can definitely say I've taken away some valuable information from everyone's contribution. So let's get started!

Matt Schrorder - Seeing the header image in the "Blog Carnival" post was hilarious. If you can laugh or become amused as soon as you visit a website or blog, then you know it's going to be a good visit, and it was! The "I'm feeling social (media)" was probably everyone's favorite post. It was a great way to invite and share with everyone your life and experiences. You brought a serious topic (divorce) and made it a little humorous throughout - that's a good way to ease the seriousness of certain topics. Great job!

Mike Nelson - One thing that makes a good blog is the writing style of the author. Mike's writing style makes the blog posts really easy to read and everything just flows smoothly like it should. Some topics like explaining an app (Vine and AA) or explaining intellectual property can be tough to explain without using big words and long sentences, but Mike did a great job of simplifying it and making it easy to read. Having an entire site/blog pretty consistently easy to read makes it a successful blog!

Kimberly Paulk - Another thing that makes a blog so appealing and good is the blog's visual appeal. Fancy, colorful, graphically mind-blowing sites/blogs are cool and all, but simplicity - to me at least - is equally, if not more, appealing than pages that are literally jumping out of the screen at you. Kimberly is another example of a great writer whose writing is detailed, easy to read and follow, and gets the full message across without any questions at the end.

Jamie Richards - Reading Jamie's blog I almost felt a sense of Zen in the writing. The way she feels and knows the topics she writes about definitely shows in her writing. Being able to explain something that would needs pages to elaborate on, Jamie did it in one simple post like her topic "It's just Facebook, who needs a plan?" and "Good writing is the key to success in social media." The posts are easy to read, detailed, and covers a lot of good points in a good sized post.

Great job, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment